UNDP National Individual Consultant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNDP Uganda looking for “National Individual Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 26, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on March 18, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of National Individual Consultant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific tasks to be performed by the consultant include the following.
Task 1: Update the existing Katosi bay catchment management plan
Basing on the existing information/reports for the project area; the consultant will undertake field assessments within the micro-catchments and assess the existing situation. The consultant shall identify and undertake verification of all the hotspot areas that require urgent attention including the point sources of pollution within the micro-catchment. Focus areas shall include but not limited to; description of the current state of the micro-catchments (assessment for threats and hotspot), water users & uses, mapping of the hotspot areas, water balance studies (previously undertaken by NWSC) and institutional framework.
The consultant shall be required to come up with an updated analysis of the current situation of the Katosi bay as a key output and develop and updated catchment management plan for the Katosi Bay.
Position in Organization:
- Location: Kampala (with travel to Katosi water treatment Mukono district as appropriate), UGANDA
- Application Deadline: 26-Mar-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 8d 17h 38m
- Additional Category: Crisis Response
- Type of Contract: Individual Contract
- Post Level: National Consultant
- Languages Required: English
- Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 17-Apr-2023
- Duration of Initial Contract: 30 Days spread over 3 months
- Expected Duration of Assignment: 3 months
- The Consultant must have an advanced University degree (Masters or PhD) in one of the following disciplines: Gender Studies, Development Studies, Environment and Climate Studies, Energy Studies, or other relevant social science
- The Consultant must possess at least 7 years’ experience in training on environment, gender equality, women rights issues within the environment, climate, and energy nexus in Uganda and/or any African country
- Experience in preparing of environmental related solutions, ideas, recommendations and undertaking catchment management review and ecosystem protection interventions
- Experience in coordinating stakeholders particularly Environmental Agencies and other stakeholders with respect to delivering positive project results including having result-oriented action areas
- The consultant should have undertaken at least 3 previous similar assignments.
- Ability to organise and deliver presentations/ reports, findings for senior level programme participants from Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, civil society, UN agencies and other development organisations.
- Demonstrated experience promoting and advocating for environmental sustainability, ecosystem protection, climate, and energy in Uganda and/or any African country.
- Sound knowledge on national, regional, and global environment, climate, and energy frameworks with gender equality as an added advantage
How to Apply UNDP National Individual Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=111744
The Closing Date: March 26, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.