World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. World Bank Kenya looking for “Senior Digital Development Specialist”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 05 April 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Digital Development Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Digital Development (DD) Specialist, will be responsible for the following:
- Lead missions and supervise major projects in the sector as a technical expert; interact with clients at the policy and senior management levels, organize and manage policy notes on digital development and policy evaluation in collaboration with sector agencies, development partners and other Global Practices.
- Contribute to the design, preparation and supervision of World Bank Group financed digital development related investment and policy reform programs in client countries, with a particular emphasis on stimulating development of digital connectivity infrastructure through leveraging private sector investments with matching investments from the Bank, strengthening regulatory agencies, facilitating development of digital government IT infrastructure, platforms and services, and promoting development of digital skills and innovation.
- Advise clients on strategies, best practices and design of programs to develop the foundations of their digital economies. This may include participating in complex technical assistance activities and providing just-in-time technical and strategic expertise on the design of the overall policy, legal, regulatory and institutional framework for the ICT sector and wider digital economy as well as IT functions and digital services delivery within governments.
- Participate in complex technical assistance activities and provide ad hoc technical and strategic expertise on the design of the overall policy, legal, regulatory and institutional framework for the development of the digital economy in client countries, including development of National ICT / Digital Economy Policy and Strategy documents.
- Develop innovative and practical approaches to solving difficult policy and operational issues for selected high priority telecommunications, ICT or digital economy related activities, notably around market opening and regulation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in telecommunications, engineering, law, economics, public policy or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in ICT / Digital Economy policy and regulation and/or ICT / Digital Economy project design and implementation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior policy dialogue activities working with countries with limited capacity and influencing ICT sector reforms
- Proven experience advising governments or regulatory agencies on priority sector reforms issues and regulatory interventions in broadband infrastructure (fixed and mobile), conducting dialogue with regulators, and ability to develop best practice on regulation.
- Work experience in Africa, and good knowledge of sector issues in the region is an advantage. Experience of working in, or for, Fragile Conflict and Violence environments would be an additional plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Proficiency in English is essential and ability to interact with clients in French or Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 05 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs